[Thanks to the ARE team] here in Southeastern Pennsylvania, nearly 2,000 people seeking to be useful to God and aligned with God’s plan for the world have begun a Spirit-led journey to reclaim vocation for an entire synod.
- Bishop Claire Schenot Burkat, Southeastern Pennsylvania Synod, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
As Glen Mar United Methodist Church prepared to relocate to a new campus, Kelly Fryer of ARE provided insightful guidance to help the congregation hear God's call for expanded ministry to the community. By listening intently, asking probing questions, and offering objective feedback and evaluation, Kelly enabled Glen Mar's staff and leaders to better discern who we are and what God is calling us to be and do.
- Rev Andy Lunt, Senior Pastor, Glen Mar United Methodist Church, Ellicott City, MD
ARE is a treasure in our midst. God has given this organization an abundance of assets that enable God’s work of renewing organizations to be strengthened and encouraged. The ARE team models a strong understanding of vocation which has challenged us to be all God has in mind for us as synod. In this time of uncertainty, it is good to have leaders who challenge, encourage and uplift us as we struggle with how the church is to help God’s mission in, through and to the world.
- Bishop Elaine Sauer, Manitoba Northwestern Ontario Synod, Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada
ARE--ROCKS! For more than two years ARE has been our trusted partner in re-visioning what God is up to in South Carolina. The passion to join in God's dream for the world with our hands and whole heart is the outcome of our synod's partnership with A Renewal Enterprise. It is fun, fulfilling and faith-forming to have ARE as our trusted partner in God's mission.
- Rev Bob Beaver, Director of Missions, South Carolina Synod, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
ARE’s expertise, humour and powerful leadership enabled us to walk through the book of Acts--the early church at work--and chart our course for a renewed vision of our Eastern Synod church today - a truly remarkable and inspirational experience!!
- Pat Lovell, Synod Council Member, Eastern Synod , Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada
Dave Daubert and Tana Kjos offer a potent look at possible balance as well as “intentionality and purpose” for each of us – spiritual life, work, loved ones, community, self – while proclaiming the central and fundamental worth and spiritual-centeredness of all of life’s parts and, indeed, each and every one of us.
– Dr. James Gandre, Roosevelt University, Chicago
A Renewal Enterprise! - You reminded us God is on a mission. You taught us that everything we need, we have. You witnessed how changed people change churches, organizations, and the world. Thank you for the ministry of A Renewal Enterprise, you set us free to truly be In Mission for Others.
- Rev Lori Pilatzke, Director of Witness and Evangelism Ministry, Eastern Synod-Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada
Our church had people gather to discern what we found using the PAWN Process. One person that day who had been cut out of church life for most of his life said, “I’ve never been a part of a church that actually cared about what I thought the ministry should be doing.” … We have started down a path of love and acceptance for people that is just so great!
- Pastor Bill Eiwen, Reformation Church, Columbia, SC
The ARE team was truly outstanding at our large assembly. Working interactively with such a large and diverse audience, they challenged, inspired, shared and shaped vision in a most remarkable way. The energy in the room over the day and a half they were with us was heightened in a way that people six months later are still coming up to me and saying "Thank you for bringing ARE. They really made a tremendous impact." Any organization would be energized and positively refocused and recommitted if the ARE team were to lead their interactive process.
- Constance M. Kilmark, Kilmark & Associates, LLC Madison, WI, and Vice-President of the South-Central Synod of Wisconsin, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
Kelly Fryer gives us a clarion call to reassess our commitment to be evangelical in ways that connect it with the historical mission of the church and offers a valid protest against those who would make the word synonymous with a right-wing political ideology.
– Dr. Tony Campolo, Eastern University, Philadelphia